Saturday, February 6, 2010

Daily Encouragement, Wit & Wisdom - February 6, 2010 How Can I Make You Happy Today?

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down...


Food for thought from famous people born today...
  • Live and die in Aristotle's works.
  • I count religion but a childish toy, and hold there is no sin but ignorance.
  • Money can't buy love, but it improves your bargaining position.
  • Accursed be he that first invented war.
  • Excess of wealth is cause of covetousness.

Christopher Marlowe (1564)
  • I swing big, with everything I've got. I hit big or I miss big. I like to live as big as I can.
  • A man who knows he's making money for other people ought to get some of the profits he brings in.
George Herman "Babe" Ruth (1895)
  • Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.
  • Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.
  • Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.
  • Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!
Bob Marley (1945)
  • I'd rather be in a tent than in a house.
  • I had never passed a single school exam, and clearly never would.
  • She stops, pauses, turns to the left to glance at some possible threat or irregularity, and then continues to the north. This motion, so intensely human, transcends time.
Mary Douglas Leakey
Sometimes your friends are your lovers, or have been at one time.



    Axl Rose (1962 born William Bruce Rose, Jr.)




    And what would a day be with out a few notable deaths...

    1989 - Chris Gueffroy, the last person reportedly killed escaping over the Berlin Wall...
    • Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
    • Clothes and manners do not make the man; but when he is made, they greatly improve his appearance.
    • From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life.
    • If I were to say, "God, why me?" about the bad things, then I should have said, "God, why me?" about the good things that happened in my life. 
    Arthur Ashe (1993)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment