Starting with quotes from famous people born today...
- Every age needs men who will redeem the time by living with a vision of the things that are to be.
- A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular.
- A hungry man is not a free man.
- A beauty is a woman you notice; a charmer is one who notices you.
Adlai E. Stevenson (1900)
- After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say 'I want to see the manager.'
- A paranoid is someone who knows a little of what's going on.
William S. Burroughs (1914)
- Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected.
- When people ask me if Dean Martin drank, let me put it this way. If Dracula bit Dean in the neck, he'd get a Bloody Mary.
Red Buttons (born Aaron Chwatt 1919)
- Didn't come up here to read. Came up here to hit.
- It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course.
- I never doubted my ability, but when you hear all your life you're inferior, it makes you wonder if the other guys have something you've never seen before. If they do, I'm still looking for it.
Hank Aaron (1934)
Finally, some quotes from a great author and historian who died today in 1881
- A laugh, to be joyous, must flow from a joyous heart, for without kindness, there can be no true joy.